Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tip #10: Add multiple-persona-disorder to Firefox

Firefox version 3.6 was released almost 3 weeks ago, but I just discovered one of it's new (probably the best) features - Personas. They're like themes, but simpler, since they only change the background of the menu bars.


Notice that I now have Totoro in my Firefox!!

To use Personas, you will need to update to version 3.6 of Firefox (if you are not sure which version you have, goto Help > About Mozilla Firefox). To update, click Help > Check for Updates. Once you've downloaded the update and restarted firefox, go to the Personas website, simply point at any persona to preview it in your Firefox (the menu bars may blank out for a while as the persona's images load), and if you like it, just click Wear It!

To revert back to no-persona status, in Firefox go to Tools > Add-ons > Themes, click on the Default theme and then Use Theme.

A quick note: I screwed up the Mac OS X install, so I will need to spend time and reinstall it before I can do anything useful with it (to get tips for you). Just give me a bit more time!

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation. If you don't want to sign in, comment as "Name/URL".